Friday, January 11, 2008

Could be either one, really.

At the behest of a multitude of my friends (two people), I've decided to invest a few moments (hours) in a podium from which will be able to broadcast (inflict) my philosophical epiphanies (incoherent musings) to (upon) the eager millions (Megan).

A few observations on the blogging phenomenon.

1. Everyone I know with a blog is a girl.

2. Blog is a silly word. Furthermore, blogger and blogging are just plain stupid.

3. The web is a very different place in this corner of the internet. For example, people use punctuation.

4. Strange nonsensical statements that would normally win you only quizzical expressions are not only accepted here, they are lauded.

I think the video deserves an explanation. The band is called Old Crow Medicine show, playing one of my favorite songs, Wagon Wheel. I first heard it when Randon played it for me on our Thanksgiving roadtrip to CA. I kinda like his version better. From what I understand, it was an unfinished Bob Dylan song before they picked it up. I thought someone might enjoy it.

-Aaron

3 comments:

Lin said...

1. False, there are boys who blog.
2. True.
3. I don't remember what you typed after #2.
4. Thanks for giving me something else to occupy my down time at work. you're a gentleman and a scholar.

Megs said...

Huzzah! Two things. 1) I'm really happy that because you played it at Krissie's last night, I know the song on your blog! It's quality stuff - banjos and fiddles and I are good buddies. 2) WHY are you a mechanical engineering major? You write SO well, and I'm not even kidding. I'm already excited to see what you come up with here, and you are inspiring me to write more substantial blogs again. (I'm in a blog rut - lots to write about, no desire to write about it.)
Happy blogging. ;) (Yes, it is a silly word.)

Amy said...

I stumbled onto your blog today from Lindsey's links. Our family ADORES Old Crow Medicine Show's WAGON WHEEL! My young kids request it all the time for their dancing song. I've never met another soul who's heard of them. Nice to "meet" you. I enjoyed your posts.